Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Introduction: The media's obsession with celebrities!!!

The media today are so obsessed with the lives of celebrities that they are constantly updating the latest news of famous celebrities on the news, magazines and the internet. The papparazi photographers are getting paid extremely ridiculous amounts of money to get exclusive photos of famous celebrities. I will be exploring the reasons why the media are so obsessed with celebrities and this is influencing society today. But also the tradegy of the death of Princess Diana when they were trying to get away from Papparazi's which led to her fatal death. No lesson has been learned because today the media are exploding to another whole level. The papparazi's are following and stalking celebrities all day and its really sad as seen in the video below of Britney being taken to hospital. All thanks to the media the whole world knew about this incident.

3 comments:

  1. I guess the media's obsession with celebrities will remain unless the public stop demanding information about it.

    True Paparazzi does appear to be more aggressive than before, but in most cases paparazzi are acting within the law.

    I really believe that the increasingly aggressive paparazzi is directly correlated to the public's increasing fascination of celebrities.

    So for you guys wanting to be famous, be careful for what you wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that most people out there who are desperately wanting to become famous that they have to deal with the papparazi and on top of that as we all know their personal life will probably be published on magazines. I think that New Zealand is not as celebrity obsessed as America. I think we are not as concerned about our own celebs like the Americans and thats why i wanted to do this topic because celebrities especially American celebs are dominating our t.v screens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what Johnney has said "I guess the media's obsession with celebrities will remain unless the public stop demanding information about it" i must admit, when i log out of my hotmail i always check the 'entertainment' section, (funny they call it that) and some of the things that are written there are just plain everyday things that happened to anyone, for example, Jude Law's one night stand baby, and most of the time i find the things written on there just ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete